Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Christmas time is here...

It's still amazing to me how time never slows down. Listed update since August: neighbor got married and moved away -- news because he's over 50 and never married before. Front landscaping almost done. Garden harvested and cleaned for next spring. Anniversary celebration! 6 years married and still wildly in love. Everyone very SICK! Family loss. Ramona finished her 1st year. 2 week VACATION to Florida for girls to meet Mammaw and Grandpa for the first time. Now the family room is clean and ready to be decorated for Christmas. Whew!

There are lots of things on my heart. The incredible blessings of the Lord is first and foremost. He never ceases to confirm his Love and Faithfulness. There's a certain magazine that I love to read. A friend gave me 2 old copies over a year ago and I continue to go through them and receive encouragement. I made the comment to my husband one evening (as I was reading one for the 100th time) that I'd love my own subscription, but can't justify the cost for myself. I left it there. Just after my birthday I was visiting my neighbor where I also get milk and eggs. She asked if I knew about "this" magazine and could she buy me a subscription for my birthday? :D! God even cares about the little things! He put it on her heart for me to be able to get new copies. She gets the blessing of giving the gift, and I get the blessing of reading something encouraging! Sometimes the best things are the little things!

Another story: There's a certain college professor who has been on my heart quite a bit for the last several years now. As we were waiting to board our plane for FL I looked over and saw him at the airport! Our flight had been delayed an hour -- which seems like an eternity with 3 small excited children -- but it turned out to be a blessing because I had the chance to introduce one of my favorite professors to my family!

There's a song which just keeps coming back to me over and over again in this season. "Bless the Lord oh my soul, oh my soul. Worship His Holy name. Sing like never before, oh my soul. I'll worship His holy name." I just know that this will be the best. Christmas. Ever.

No comments: