Wednesday, May 10, 2006

*BAM!

A sapphire and diamonds warning shot has been fired and as I wear it, I'm learning what a big decision lies before me. I think my biggest fear is the realization that this isn't some trinket that I'll wear for a while and then put into a box to forget about--it'll stay on my finger for as long as he'll allow it to. I've just never been here before and it's just a little frightening to think that an even more serious decision is on the horizon. At least I'm not taking this whole thing lightly. I understand the gravity of my decisions in this matter.

I'm also re-living the feeling of college stress...I can't sleep and the sore shoulders and back remind me of what it's like to be a student under pressure. I must feel pressured. I'm not sure why. I have a wonderful family and a fantastic boyfriend and a rewarding job. What is it that's bothering me? Maybe I just need a really good, deep, long back rub...and a relaxing evening complete with wine and nothing expected of me for just a few hours. And, maybe I just need to stop long enough to really appreciate and enjoy where I am right now.

I enjoyed the rain that finally arrived today. I am continually amazed at how wonderful my God is! Who else could have thought that in order to feed plants and cool off the earth, water should fall from the sky? Who else could have come up with the idea that not only should people come with different hair colors, but some will wrinkle their noses when they laugh and others will snort! How could anyone here ever come up with such outrageous ideas? They couldn't! Besides, God already did.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wait....are you engaged? Answer quickly my love, the suspense is kiling me.