Friday, October 15, 2004

The terrible twos

Wednesday was the most beautiful day of my life thus far. I woke up at 6:00am and walked out the door at 6:25am. Upon stepping outside with my friend, I was awed at the most beautiful birthday morning in my memory. It was gently raining and the air smelled of autumn; I knew it was destined to be a wonderful day. My work-out went very well and as my friend and I left the Rec center I felt happy and carefree. The day progressively got better as I went about all my daily duties and actually got to take a nap! Then I got ready for the big night out with my friends. Because they love me, they all dressed up very nicely and rented an "Amish Van" and took me out to Olive Garden for supper and fun. There were only a few hitches in the evening but not anything I would even write home about anymore. It's wonderful to be 22...

My promise of nun-hood is over, but I find myself still waiting. I am waiting for the next step, although not patiently. What should I do with myself? What should I do with him? There are so many questions floating around in my brain that I can hardly concentrate on anything else. I feel that I have found one who can understand my thoughts without my ever having to say them out loud. I feel as though I am truly respected by one of the opposite sex. Not like before... I feel as if I could be content to watch the clouds go by slowly with him, never saying a word yet communicating on a plane I never knew existed before. But the best part is that I feel. I feel. Something I am largely unfamiliar with is suddenly visiting me very clearly. I have begun to truly feel the presence of Christ in my life. But why? Is it because of him? Is it because I took time out of myself to search for Christ in my heart? Do I feel all of this now because I want to; am I making it up? I guess only time will tell.

In other news, I am way psyched about wedding dress shopping with my friend this weekend. And, it's fall break! I only shared a little of what's in my brain today. I feel that more will come later...

No comments: