Saturday, September 04, 2004

Fun times will be had by all...

Something that I said to a friend yesterday became true today. His girlfriend really had been avoiding the issue of dating. I told him that she was trying to get out of a date with him, and I was right. The interesting and sad part is that he and I almost dated over the summer. I say almost because he was very close to recieving my permission and he decided that he would rather be with this other girl instead. I was okay with it after a while, but now I find him single again. What do I do? I could be the supportive friend and remind him that God has some interesting and useful plan in all of this, or I could be the gold-digger friend who tries to remind him that she exists and may still be interested. But am I really interested? I don't know. Until I do know I think I'll just stick with being the supportive friend. Besides...I'm dating only Jesus at least until the middle of October. We had open dorms here at college tonight. I played some cards and watched a movie with some friends of mine in my room. We had fun times.
God was so amazing again today. I went to a class to finish up a credit for my cross-cultural experience and shared about my trip to Utah. I think the class enjoyed it and I think I covered all the relevant aspects of the trip. Sometimes the awesome power of God is presented in unexpected ways. I have yet to see the fruit of the seeds I planted while in Utah, and I have yet to look forward to what God has planned for the rest of my life. I'm sure that fun times will be had by all...

No comments: